The Cleveland Cavaliers shipped Mike Dunleavy to the Atlanta Hawks as part of the trade that netted them three-point sharpshooter Kyle Korver last week, but Dunleavy is so unhappy with the deal, he is refusing to report to his new team.
Dunleavy, in fact, now wants a buyout so he can seek a free agent deal with somebody else:
If he gets his wish, Dunleavy will represent an experience free agent option for a team out there seeking a big man who can shoot. The only problem is that Dunleavy isn't nearly the player he used to be.
The 36-year-old is averaging a career-worst 4.6 points per game. He's shooting just 40 percent, which is also a career-low.
Unless somebody thinks he can improve those numbers significantly, it's hard to see a big market emerging for what looks like a player near the end of his NBA career.
[RELATED: State of the Wizards: Aiming for a winning record]
The Wizards added some depth to their backcourt on Thursday by signing veteran guard Donald Sloan to a one-year deal, CSN's Chris Miller confirmed on Thursday night.
The news was first reported by Yahoo Sports' Shams Charania.
Sloan joins the Wizards after not appearing in the NBA last year. He last played for the Brooklyn Nets in 61 games in 2015-16.
A 29-year-old combo guard, Sloan is joining his sixth NBA team. He spent the 2016-17 season with the Guangdong Southern Tigers in China.
[RELATED: Morris preparing for fatherhood with training camp soon]
Sloan's addition is an interesting one given the Wizards already had a full roster of 17 players set for 2017-18.
This could affect backup guard Sheldon Mac, whom the Wizards signed last summer as an undrafted free agent. Mac is set to make $1.3 million this season, but the money is not full guaranteed unless he is on the roster in January.
Sloan has career averages of 5.5 points and 3.0 assists per game. In hist last NBA season with Brooklyn, Sloan shot 44 percent from the field and 38.4 percent from three.
Sloan represents another cheap and low-risk signing for the Wizards this offseason. They already brought in Mike Scott and Jodie Meeks, hoping they can regain their form.
[RELATED: Wizards Tipoff podcast - NBA video games preview]
The Golden State Warriors have still yet to receive a formal invite from President Donald Trump to visit the White House as 2017 NBA champions, but if they do make the trip, D.C.'s own Kevin Durant will not be with them.
The Warriors All-Star told ESPN on Thursday he will not accept an invitation from Trump due to his policies and reaction to the recent events in Charlottesville.
"Nah, I won't do that," Durant told ESPN. "I don't respect who's in office right now."
"I don't agree with what he agrees with, so my voice is going to be heard by not doing that... And what's going on in Charlottesville, that was unfathomable."
Durant and the Warriors travel to Washington to play the Wizards on Feb. 28 at Capital One Arena. That could be the time they choose to visit the White House. It will be interesting to see which of his teammates show up.
[RELATED: LeBron reacts to election, not sure if he'll visit White House to see Trump]