Here are five plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 110-102 loss to the Boston Celtics at TD Garden on Monday night that are worth revisiting...
1. The Wizards made it interesting at the end by cutting the Celtics' lead to just six points, but for most of the night things just weren't going their way. Take this play, for instance. Bojan Bogdanovic tried to dribble down the sideline and tripped over a referee. He lost the ball out of bounds and turned it over.
That is not ideal:
Bogdanovic finished with 14 points in 28 minutes, but shot just 5-for-12 and had three turnovers.
2. A lot of these plays feature Brandon Jennings, who ended up with 10 points and seven assists in 15 minutes. He helped key the Wizards' late comeback attempt.
Long before all of that went down, however, Jennings had this nice layup on a fastbreak:
3. Here's one of Jennings' assists, also on a fastbreak. He found Kelly Oubre, Jr. for a wide open slam:
Oubre had four points, four rebounds and two blocks in 24 minutes.
4. This was the most notable highlight involving Jennings. He picked up Terry Rozier on defense and ended up colliding with him around halfcourt. The play resulted in techincals for both players:
5. Here is Oubre's best play of the night. He gave the Wizards some late life with a few impressive defensive plays, including this one where he stole it from Isaiah Thomas and finished with the flush:
All in all it was a forgettable game for the Wizards, but they did have their moments. So did our CSN broadcast, which featured Insider J. Michael's phone going off in the middle of the show: