Here are 10 plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 109-101 win over the Atlanta Hawks in Game 2 of their first round playoff series that are worth revisiting...
1. Taken as a whole, this game was pretty ugly, especially the first half where both teams shot horribly (Wizards 40.5%, Hawks 34.9%). The game didn't really heat up until the fourth quarter when John Wall, Bradley Beal and Brandon Jennings took over.
There were, however, some highlights in the first half including this deep three from Wall, who went 2-for-2 from long range.
2. Beal started off slow, just as he did in Game 1, but he got two on this play following Marcin Gortat's block of Dwight Howard. Gortat had five blocks to go along with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
This was one of two blocks Gortat had on back-to-back plays:
3. Beal ended up with 31 points, including 16 in the fourth quarter. He also had three assists, though, including this one to set up Jason Smith on the pick-and-roll.
It was yet another example of Beal's growth as a ballhandler and passer:
4. This was during a timeout. The Wizards announced the Capitals score on their big screen and D.C. sports fans loved it:
5. Now, for arguably the moment of the night. Wall stole the ball and dunked it on a fastbreak with Dennis Schroder right on him. After dunking it, Wall stared Schroder down and talked some smack in his direction:
Here's another look:
Wall is ruthless.
6. This may be the story of the game. Who predicted that Jennings would go off for six straight points, eight if you count an assist?
Here's the play that got his run started, a stepback jumper:
7. And here's the assist to Smith that sent Verizon Center into pandemonium and had the Wizards going nuts:
8. This was Otto Porter's biggest play of the night, a steal-and-slam in the fourth quarter:
Porter finished with four points, but those two were big.
9. Now for some big shots by Wall in the fourth. Here is an and-1 he pulled off that was insanely athletic:
10. And finally, here is Wall throwing down a dunk late in the fourth to help put the game on ice:
We'll leave you with a Photoshop graphic from our digital team. Let Brandon cook:
LET BRANDON COOK. pic.twitter.com/w1LMaZqi3D— CSN Wizards (@CSNWizards) April 20, 2017