Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, August 20, 14 days before the Washington Redskins cut their roster to 53 players.
—Today's schedule: Off day, no availability
—The Redskins last played a game that counted 223 days ago. It will be 23 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Final roster cut 14; Cowboys @ Redskins 29; Browns @ Redskins 43
Stock up/stock down vs. Jets
Here are the players who excelled and those who stumbled against the Jets last night at FedEx Field:
Up—Rashad Ross caught four passes for 58 yards and two touchdowns. The second TD was a highlight reel catch as he fought the ball away from the defender in the end zone.
Down—Yes, quarterback Nate Sudfeld led the game-winning drive. But before that he had played the entire second half and had just eight yards passing before that drive. Good for him getting the job done at the end but overall his day was subpar.
Up—Martrell Spaight was given a chance to start at Mike linebacker and he looked like he belonged with four tackles and a forced fumble.
Down—Spencer Long was beaten by the Jets line too many times and he committed a penalty in the end zone that cost the team a safety.
Up—Deshazor Everett made a pair of big stops on special teams and forced a fumble in the fourth quarter, a pay that prevented a Jets touchdown.
Down—With Matt Jones sidelined, Keith Marshall was unable to lay claim to the backup running back job. He had 10 carries for 26 yards, a 2.6 average.
Tandler on Twitter Instagram
In case you missed it
- Redskins want Cousins at operational excellence
- Redskins D looks to better contain long passing game
- McVay: Redskins being cautious with elite players
- NTK: Can Gruden build on success?
- Matt Jones exits with injury
- Redskins down starting running back
- Gruden makes late decision to sit Cousins, other starters
- Sudfeld's final drive leads Redskins to victory
- Cousins out for preseason game against Jets