Here is what you need to know on this Monday, November 23, six days before the Redskins host the New York Giants.
Notes and numbers from Panthers 44, Redskins 15
CHAROLOTTE—A few notes from the Redskins’ loss to the Panthers:
—DeSean Jackson’s 56-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter was the 22nd TD catch of 50 or more yards in his career. That ties him with Joey Galloway for fifth in the NFL since the 1970 merger. It was his 51st reception (scoring or not) of over 50 yards, the most in the NFL since he came into the league in 2008.
—The Redskins rushed for 14 yards, the second fewest in a game in team history. They ran for 10 yards in a 1994 game against the Bucs.
—Andre Roberts returned a second-quarter kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown. It was the first kickoff return for a touchdown of his career.
—The Redskins have now scored three special teams touchdowns this year. They scored no special teams touchdowns in the previous three seasons, from 2012-2014.
- Week 3 at Giants-- Rashad Ross 101 yard kickoff return TD
- Week 6 at Jets-- Rashad Ross blocked punt return for TD
- Week 11 at Panthers-- Andre Roberts 99 yard kickoff return TD
— Including a 101-yard kickoff return touchdown by Rashad Ross in Week 3, the Redskins tied a team record with two kickoff return touchdowns in a single season for the fourth time in team history (2005, 1947, 1942).
—Cam Newton threw four touchdown passes in the first half, the most ever thrown in the first half against the Redskins. Randall Cunningham threw four touchdown passes in the second half of a game in 1989.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.
—Days until: Giants @ Redskins 6; Monday night Cowboys @ Redskins 14; Redskins @ Bears 20
In case you missed it
- Redskins outmatched
- Redskins' five turnovers lead to major damage
- Rushing game problems are potentially fatal flaw for the Redskins
- Gruden not keen on blaming Cousins, says everyone shares fault
- Five things we learned during Panthers 44, Redskins 16
- Redskins leave Carolina without serious injuries
- Hatcher visibly upset, calls out officials for bias against Redskins
- Gruden on 'huge' impact of Culliver's controversial negated TD