After a recent bunker lesson from K.J. Choi, John Huh made five sand saves Friday en route to a 3-under 69 at Bay Hill.
OWINGS MILLS -- For football jersey lovers, the Ravens have assigned numbers to their 11 draft picks. They are as follows:
6 – WR Keenan Reynolds
43 – CB Tavon Young
48 – RB Kenneth Dixon
49 – CB Maurice Canady
51 – OLB Kamalei Correa
72 – OT Alex Lewis
73 – OT Ronnie Stanley
81 – WR Chris Moore
91 – OLB Matt Judon
92 – DE Bronson Kaufusi
Correa will be wearing the number worn by former Ravens inside linebacker Daryl Smith, who signed with the Buccaneers this offseason. Kaufusi will wear the number once worn by former Ravens Pro Bowl tackle Haloti Ngata.
OWINGS MILLS -- The Ravens announced the signing of four more draft picks Friday -- OLB Kamalei Correa, DT Willie Henry, OT Alex Lewis, and WR Chris Moore.
That meant six of the 11 Ravens’ 11 draft picks were under contract at the start of Friday’s two-day rookie minicamp. OLB Matt Judon and RB Kenneth Dixon had already signed.
Correa was drafted in the second round, the first of three players the Ravens targeted to improve their pass rush. Lewis, a fourth-rounder, is expected to compete for a backup spot at either tackle position. Moore is a deep threat wide receiver who has a chance to earn immediate playing time. Henry is a run-stopping defensive lineman who has a chance to be part of the defensive tackle rotation.
First-round pick, left tackle Ronnie Stanley, still had not signed as of early Friday afternoon. However, first-round signings traditionally take the longest.
The Ravens also announced the signing of 11 undrafted free agents:
G Jarell Broxton, Baylor
DT Travon Coley, Florida Atlantic
C Anthony Fabiano, Harvard
ILB Cavellis Luckett, Middle Tennessee St.
K Will Lutz, Georgia St.
OT Stephane Nembot, Colorado
OLB Victor Ochi, Stony Brook
OLB Mario Ojemudia, Michigan
ILB Patrick Onwuasor, Portland St.
DT Michael Pierce, Samford
C Matt Skura, Duke
One day after the NFL transaction report revealed 13 of the Redskins’ undrafted free agents, Washington added one more on Friday and confirmed all 14 signings.
The Redskins’ roster now stands at 88. Two spots remain open.
Here is this year’s class of UDFA’s (so far):
T Kevin Bowen; 6 foot 9/330-pounds; East Central (Okla.)
- Note: The tallest player on the Redskins’ roster by an inch and third heaviest.
S Tevin Carter; 6-1/218; Utah
- Note: Four interceptions, including one returned for touchdown, the last two seasons.
TE Michael Cooper; 6-5/257; Indiana
- Note: Caught 17 passes for 205 yards and two touchdowns last season.
LB Shiro Davis; 6-3/256; Texas
- Note: Recorded a combined 10 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks the last two seasons.
WR Reggie Diggs; 6-4/200; Richmond
- Note: Totaled a combined 151 receptions, 2,058 yards and 12 touchdowns the last two seasons.
LB Ejiro Ederaine; 6-3/234; Fresno State
- Note: Recorded 45 tackles for loss and 21 sacks in four years.
T Joe Gore; 6-6/300; Clemson
- Note: Named third team All ACC last season.
WR Maurice Harris; 6-3/195; California
- Note: Racked up 553 yards receiving and six touchdowns as a senior.
G Dominick Jackson; 6-6/ 315; Alabama
- Note: Named second team All-SEC as the Tide’s starting right tackle.
RB Robert Kelley; 6-0/220; Tulane
- Note: Rushed for 232 yards on 65 attempts last season. Also a pass catching threat.
FB Joe Kerridge; 6-0; 249; Michigan
- Note: Rushed for 62 yards on 14 carries and hauled in five catches for 33 yards last season.
DE Anthony Lanier; 6-6/265; Alabama A&M
- Note: Recorded 29 tackles, including 5.5 for loss, and 2.5 sacks in eight games last season.
S Geno Matias-Smith; 6-0/196; Alabama
- Note: Made 15 starts and ranked third on the team in tackles with 72. Also had an interception.
WR Valdez Showers; 6-0/193; Florida
- Note: Coverted defensive back and special teams standout.
The Redskins will host rookie minicamp May 13-15 in Ashburn, Va. These 14 players (and perhaps a couple more) will join the team’s seven draft picks and a handful of tryout players for on-and off-field instruction.