The Redskins are running the ball like they never have before.Through three games, they have rushed the ball for 542 yards. That is the highest rushing total through three games for the team since 1946.Their next best performance came in 1978 when they had 521 rushing yards in their first three games. John Riggins and Mike Thomas were the primary ballcarriers that year with an assist from Clarence Harmon and Benny Malone. They did not carry through their strong start as they finished the year with 2082 yards rushing, 22ndin the NFL.It would not be surprising if the current Redskins team also fails to maintain its current pace. Alfred Morris is leading the team with 263 yards, a pace that would give him about 1400 yards in 16 games. Thats not out of the question but it would be very surprising for the rookie sixth-round draft pick to pull off a season like that.But the one who is unlikely to keep running at is current pace is rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, who is second on the team with 209 yards. That would give him over 1100 yards rushing but he wont make it there. Hell either stop rushing the ball 10 times a game or he will be injured and miss time.It would be good for the Redskins if RG3 ran less and a running back like Roy Helu Jr. or Evan Royster picked p the slack in the running game. That would allow them to keep Griffin in a vertical position while continuing to be productive on the ground.
There are 14,400 six-second increments in every day, which means a single six-second increment is usually not all that important. That all changed in January 2013, however, when Vine launched and turned any six second window into a place of endless possibilities.
Sadly, on Thursday, Twitter announced that it was going to discontinue Vine, and the app was going to fade away in the near future. Vine's website will be kept online, but that shouldn't be taken as any sort of good news; once the app goes away, so, too, does the chance to create new material.
As our form of tribute to what's become a social media staple, here are the 10 best Vines CSNMA has captured in the past few years. Feel free to play this song as you begin watching to truly enhance the somber mood.
10) If every state had an official Vine, like they do flags and mottos and birds, this would be Pennsylvania's state Vine:
9) When you have a goal, you have to give 110 percent to accomplish that goal. You have to fight for it, sacrifice for it and do anything to complete it. It should be all that you think about, from the second you wake up in the morning to the moment you close your eyes at night.
But, if you get tired after a few seconds, it's OK to move on:
8) Most bosses would terminate you the instant you gave them a purple nurple. Jay Gruden isn't most bosses.
7) Vine became really relevant about four years ago and lived a bright and intense life, but it looks like it's going to disappear far too soon.
Sounds a lot like this former Redskins quarterback:
6) Stephen A. Smith would disagree with the inclusion of this Vine:
5) When the Running Man phenomenon swept the nation a few months ago, a lot of people did the dance really well. Then you have these two:
4) Is it too late to get Alex Ovechkin on the presidential ticket?
3) It takes a special person to essentially turn Bryce Harper into a muscular medal rack:
2) It should be a law that anyone who wants to play hockey must first view this Vine before deciding whether to actually pursue the sport:
1) CSNMA's Vine account has roughly 65 million views. This clip, which is the living embodiment of the phrase, "Right place, right time," has 45 million of those views. Kirk Cousins is to CSNMA's Vine views what Justin Bieber is to YouTube's video views:
Farewell, old friend.
MORE REDSKINS: KERRIGAN LEADS JERSEY SALES IN TWO STATES
LONDON - Working their way through the NFL concussion protocol, the Redskins announced Thursday that tight end Jordan Reed and cornerback Josh Norman will travel with the team to London.
Reed & Norman (concussion) have been cleared to travel to London. Will practice tomorrow & see if they can play Sunday, Gruden says.— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) October 27, 2016
Cleared to practice and cleared to play are two different things, but it's certainly a good sign that Reed and Norman can fly over the Atlantic with the team.
Arguably the team's best two players, Reed hasn't played since sustaining a concussion in the win against Baltimore, though the tight end finished that game. Norman also suffered a concussion, but it came last week against the Lions.
It's interesting that Reed's concussion forced him to miss two games, where Norman might be able to play this week without missing any games. Keep in mind Reed's extensive concussions history could be a factor.
On the season, Reed has 33 catches for 316 yards and two touchdowns, all numbers that led the team when he was injured. Norman has one interception and one forced fumble on the season.
Both players would be big help for Washington, especially Norman. The Bengals prominently feature A.J. Green, perhaps the best receiver in the NFL. Jay Gruden made clear he'd like Norman to cover Green, and with Thursday's news, perhaps the $75 million man will do just that.
Want more Redskins? Check out @JPFinlayCSN for live updates or click here for the #RedskinsTalk Podcast on iTunes or press play below.