- January 27: Pro Bowl in Hawaii. Robert Griffin III, Lorenzo Alexander and Trent Williams were selected, but knee surgery obviously will preclude Griffin’s participation. London Fletcher and Alfred Morris were tapped as alternates.
- Feb. 18-March 4: Franchise tagging period.
- February 20-26: Combine timing and testing, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis.
- March 9-11: Teams can contact representatives for pending unrestricted free agents.
- March 12: Free agency opens at 4 p.m. The Redskins' key unrestricted free agents include: Lorenzo Alexander, Chris Baker, Chris Cooley, Fred Davis, Kedric Golston, Cedric Griffin, Rob Jackson, Kory Lichtensteiger, Tyler Polumbus, Sav Rocca, Madieu Williams and Rex Grossman. Among key restricted free agents are: Brandon Banks, Logan Paulsen and Darrel Young.
- Teams must exercise options for 2013 on players whose contracts contain such clauses before 4 p.m.
- Teams must submit qualifying offers to their own restricted free agents before 4 p.m.
- Teams must be under the salary cap by 4 p.m. (only the top-51 contracts count toward this limit in the offseason).
- Trading period also begins.
- March 17-20: Annual league meeting, Phoenix
- Mid April: Players report to Redskins Park for meetings and instruction (not on field).
- April 25-27: Draft, New York.
- Late May: OTA sessions begin at Redskins Park.
- Mid June: Minicamp at Redskins Park.
- May 20-22: Spring league meeting.
- Late July: Training camp begins in Richmond.
- Sept. 8: Season opener. Opponent and time TBD.
NFL Calendar 2013
January 19, 2013, 1:15 pm