Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Pat Kirwan of SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com:
PAT KIRWAN (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com)
1. Atlanta Falcons - They had a bye this week, but they are still the only undefeated team in the league. Some believe they have a number of tough weeks ahead. Until then they stay on top.
2. Houston Texans - A dominating defense and a solid offense with an impressive win over a bet up Raven team 43-13.
3. New York Giants - If Eli Manning is within striking distance in the fourth quarter watch out.
4. San Francisco 49ers - The 49ers are built like the Texans. They don't beat themselves, but their challenge is still learning to play from behind if there are any teams out there that can get a substantial lead on them.
5. Green Bay Packers - The offense is clicking once again, they rush the passer and overcome injuries. A very dangerous team right now.
6. New England Patriots - It looks like the Patriots are going to have to outscore teams to win because the defense struggles. They are still good enough to get it done with Brady and company.
7. Denver Broncos - Like Green Bay, the offense is starting to click and they can rush the passer. Peyton Manning looks more mobile than he did five years ago.
8. Chicago Bears - The Bears defense could push the team into the top 5 in the next few weeks. Trying to figure out if Cutler can deliver what the three quarterbacks ahead of the Bears can deliver.
9. Baltimore Ravens - Terrell Suggs helps a defense that lost Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb, but they still gave up 43 points this week. They will settle down, but right now there is some turmoil.
10. Seattle Seahawks - A very aggressive defense and a running game that will grind out yards against any team. The young QB will eventually do more so this team can move up into the elite area.
11. Minnesota Vikings - The biggest surprise of the season just keeps winning games. There are some tough opponents coming up.
12. Washington Redskins - RG3 gives this team a chance every week. The defense needs to get back to form and put teams away. Letting Victor Cruz get behind the secondary for a winning touchdown was inexcusable.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers - It may be one game, but on Sunday night they looked like the championship Steeler teams of old. A big division win with too many injuries to mention.
14. San Diego Chargers - Consistency is not their strong suit but they can be explosive at times. This season could go either way after their bye.
15. Detroit Lions - The offense isn't producing like it did last year, but this a very tough team with a front four that is starting to come alive.
16. Miami Dolphins - A solid front seven on defense and an improving rookie quarterback are good signs they will be competitive all season. The future is bright.
17. New Orleans Saints - The Saints impressed me putting 35 points on the board without the services of tight end Jimmy Graham. The defense still needs to improve, but they are climbing back in the race like Drew Brees told me they would a few weeks ago.
18. Dallas Cowboys - Like the Chargers you just don't know which Cowboy team will show up. The offensive line is protecting Romo better and that will go a long way to getting this team into playoff contention.
19. Cincinnati Bengals - A year ago this team beat every non-playoff team on their schedule, but recently they are losing to those teams. A three-game losing streak is hard to explain, but they certainly aren't headed in the right direction.
20. Arizona Cardinals - The slide continues for a good team that just can't protect the quarterback. There are no easy answers for a team that is on pace to give up 80 sacks.
21. Philadelphia Eagles - Firing Juan Castillo wasn't a good thing to do after six games. It does point to the mounting pressure in Philadelphia. Seventeen turnovers in six games kills this team's chances of winning. If they keep giving the ball back another defensive coach will be in trouble even though it's the offense making the mistakes.
22. St. Louis Rams - The Rams are becoming a tough out under Jeff Fisher. They would be even better if they had healthy offensive tackles.
23. New York Jets - Stop the Tebow experiment and let Mark Sanchez stay on the field. He threw for 328 yards last week against the Patriots.
24. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck is quickly becoming a QB that can win now. I could see this team moving up the board in November.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman is back to his 2010 form! In the last three games he has thrown for 1,047 yards and seven touchdowns. The Bucs will start winning more games now.
26. Tennessee Titans - Leave Matt Hasselbeck on the field and continue to win games in a weak AFC.
27. Buffalo Bills - The Bills can't stop the run and consequently can't win games.
28. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton said he doesn't like the vibe - whatever that means. There are issues in Carolina with injuries on the defense but Cam needs to play better.
29. Oakland Raiders - A win is a win and the Raiders treated their home crowd to a 'W' against the Jaguars. Carson Palmer has thrown for 650 yards in his last two games. He is on pace for 4,600 yards 19 touchdowns and just 11 interceptions. That should be good enough to win a few more games.
30. Cleveland Browns - Patience is the right ingredient with this young team and I hope the new owner and CEO have some.
31. Kansas City Chiefs - Twenty-one turnovers in six games, and a fan base that is very angry.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars - Now injuries are leading the problems this team faces. It looks like a very long year in Jacksonville.