The Wizards plan to work out draft prospects this week through Thursday. Here's a look at the six expected at the Verizon Center on Tuesday followed by a running list off all those bigs, wings and guards that have made their way to Chinatown.
Washington owns the 46th overall pick in the June 26th draft. The Wizards will also need to fill out their summer league roster.
- Khem Birch, UNLV, F, 6-foot-9: Spent two seasons in Vegas after starting college career at Pittsburgh. Lengthy Canadian (7-foot-1 wingspan) averaged 11.5 points and 10.2 rebounds last season. The former McDonald's All-American hopes to become a Joakim Noah-type player in the NBA.
- Alec Brown, Green Bay, C, 7-foot-1: The slender 7-footer blocked shots as one would hope (2.8 per game) while averaging 15.6 points and 5.4 rebounds. Brown also showed range by sinking 1 1/2 three-pointers per game and shot 44.6 from beyond the 3-point arc.
- Deonte Burton, Nevada, G, 6-foot-1: The highest ranked player (35) among the six attending, per DraftExpress.com. Burton filled the box score more often than not with 20.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.5 steals. Limited outside shooting and size likely keeps him out of round one. The Wizards could be looking for a long-term backup to John Wall depending in status Tomas Satoransky for this season.
- Semaj Christon, Xavier, G, 6-foot-3: One of three unanimous Big East 1st-team selections. Averaged 17.0 points, 4.2 assists, 1.3 steals as a sophomore. Even if they keep Andre Miller, Washington needs a long-term backup plan behind John Wall.
- Nick Johnson, Arizona, G, 6-foot-3: Took on major step forward offensively and as a team leader last season. Led the Wildcats to the No. 1 seed in the West Regional and in scoring with 16.3 points per game.
- Frantz Massenat, Drexel, G, 6-foot-4: Set career-highs with 17.5 points and 4.7 assists last season with the Dragons.
Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Greece F, 6-foot-8 (Draft Express ranking - 61)
Keith Appling, Michigan State, PG, 6-foot-1 (73)
Billy Baron, Canisius, G, 6-foot-2 (unranked)
Jerrelle Benimon, Towson, F, 6-foot-8 (unranked)
Khem Birch, UNLV, F, 6-foot-9 (53)
Alec Brown, Green Bay, C, 7-foot-1 (71)
Deonte Burton, Nevada, G, 6-foot-1 (35)
Semaj Christon, Xavier, G, 6-foot-3 (58)
Chris Crawford, Memphis, G, 6-foot-4 (unranked).
Justin Cobbs, California, G, 6-foot-4 (unranked)
Bryce Cotton, Providence, PG, 6-foot-1 (85)
Sam Dower, Gonzaga, PF, 6-foot-9 (unranked)
Jarell Eddie, Virginia Tech, G/F, 6-foot-7 (unranked)
Tim Frazier, Penn State, G, 6-foot-1(unranked)
Josh Huestis, Stanford, F, 6-foot-7 (53)
Cory Jefferson, Baylor, F, 6-foot-9, (57)
Nick Johnson, Arizona, G, 6-foot-3 (48)
Alex Kirk, New Mexico, C, 7-foot-0 (90)
Roy Devyn Marble, Iowa, SG, 6-foot-6 (50)
Frantz Massenat, Drexel, G, 6-foot-4
Jordan McRae, Tennessee, SG, 6-foot-6 (65)
Daniel Miller, Georgia Tech, C, 6-foot-11 (unranked)
Lamar Patterson, Pittsburgh, SF, 6-foot-6 (67)
LaQuinton Ross, Ohio State, F, 6-foot-8 (52)
Will Sheehey, Indiana, F, 6-foot-7 (unranked)
Markel Starks, Georgetown, PG, 6-foot-2 (81)
Okaro White, Florida State, F, 6-foot-9 (unranked)
Kendall Williams, New Mexico, PG, 6-foot-4 (96)
*ranking at time of workout