Pulse Report: Chargers at Redskins

Pulse Report: Chargers at Redskins
November 4, 2013, 10:45 am
Share This Post

Join the conversation throughout the Redskins' season by using the #RedskinsTalk hashtag. Your tweets and Instagram photos will be featured in Redskins Pulse.

Here are some of the social highlights from the Redskins' 30-24 victory over the Chargers:

The Redskins had their game faces on Sunday morning for their matchup with the Chargers:

Here's how some of you described Sunday's game in one word:

After the Redskins' longest drive of the season in terms of plays and time, Kai Forbath's 25-yard field goal attempt was blocked, leaving the game scoreless at the end of the 1st quarter:

Early in the 2nd quarter, a second great Charger punt had the Redskins starting from their own 1 yard line. Throwing out of his own end zone, Griffin's pass was batted by Lawrence Guy and intercepted by Sean Lissemore for a Charger touchdown:

After Liuget got a handful of his facemask midway through the 2nd, Alfred Morris was all business. He broke loose for 26 yards then picked up 5 more for a touchdown to tie the game at 7:

With less than a minute to play in the first half, Philip Rivers found Eddie Royal who scampered nearly untouched for 15 yards to the end zone, giving the Chargers a 14-7 lead:

The first half ended the same way as the Redskins' first drive: with a blocked field goal. This time Liuget got his hands on Forbath's 59-yard attempt, preserving the Chargers' 14-7 halftime lead:

There was not doubt adjustments were needed at halftime. Here's what was at the top of the #RedskinsTalk list:

The Redskins came out firing in the 2nd half. A circus catch by Garçon for 38 and option pitch to Moss for 18 helped move them down the field. A 1-yard run by Young capped off the drive with a touchdown to tie the game at 14:

Just seconds into the 4th quarter, DY did it again! His 1-yard touchdown run put the Redskins up 21-14 with 14:17 to play:

On a 4th & 2 midway through the 4th quarter, Shanahan decided to send out the field goal unit. After having two of his earlier attempts blocked, Kai Forbath got this one away clean and true from 47 yards out to give the Redskins a 10-point lead:

Late in the 4th quarter, Keenan Allen was left wide open in the end zone and reeled in a pass from Rivers to cut the Redskins' lead to 3:

The Chargers regained possession a short while later and were quickly knocking on the door. After Danny Woodhead's dive for the pylon, called a touchdown on the field, was found to come up short, the Chargers had four downs to make the 1-yard trip to the end zone and take the lead. But the Redskins D wasn't having it, coming up with a huge stand to force a 19-yard Novak field goal and overtime:

And what an overtime it was! Griffin connected with Reed and Garçon to keep the drive alive, Morris bashed through the Charger defense in the red zone, and Darrel Young rumbled 4 yards for his third touchdown of the day—this one a game-winner:

Here's how #RedskinsTalk described the Redskins' overtime victory in one word:

The players were as psyched as the fans to come away with the win: