Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Rich Gannon of CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio:
RICH GANNON (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio)
1. Houston Texans - Even when they didn't play their best last night in a prime time game against the Jets, they still win ... really tells you how far this organization has come.
2. Atlanta Falcons - Still haven't played their best football and yet still undefeated.
3. San Francisco 49ers - Beat down of Buffalo was impressive and so was the fact that they had over 600 yards of offense.
4. New England Patriots - A franchise record 35 first downs, including 18 rushing first downs. Patriots are third in rushing. Who would have thought ... an offense that's always evolving.
5. Baltimore Ravens - A tired team in KC last week but they survived a bit of a scare.
6. New York Giants - Finally get the running game going with Ahmad Bradshaw.
7. Chicago Bears - As long as they keep scoring TDs on defense, I'll keep moving them up the list.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers - Getting Mendenhall back will make a world of difference.
9. Minnesota Vikings - Right now Leslie Frazier is the front runner for Coach of the Year.
10. Philadelphia Eagles - Probably too high. How about this stat ... San Francisco had a league low 10 turnovers last year. Vick, after five weeks has accounted for 11 himself!
11. Green Bay Packers - Better than their record, trust me. Upset special ... Green Bay over Houston on Sunday night!
12. Cincinnati Bengals - Disappointing loss at home to Miami, but still a playoff bound team.
13. Arizona Cardinals - Cards' defense is so much better than their offense right now and losing Ryan Williams won't help.
14. San Diego Chargers - Had their chances in New Orleans, but couldn't finish. Game this week vs, Denver will tell us a great deal about who's the dominant team in the AFC West.
15. Denver Broncos - Costly mistakes holding them back on both sides of the ball, but don't count out Manning and the Broncos.
16. New Orleans Saints - That kind of win could help turn things around but the defense will continue to hold them back.
17. Miami Dolphins - QB is getting better each week and the defense is legit.
18. St. Louis Rams - Nice divisional wins over Seattle and Arizona ... Can they keep it going this week in Miami? I'd be surprised.
19. Seattle Seahawks - Good defense, good running game and shaky passing game.
20. Dallas Cowboys - Hopefully the bye week was enough to clean some things up after that horrendous beatdown at the hands of the Bears.
21. Indianapolis Colts - Terrific win for Chuck Pagano and the Colts and they did it after trailing 21-3 in the third quarter ... Impressive!
22. New York Jets - They're simply not good enough on offense right now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
23. Detroit Lions - Plenty of work ahead of them the next two weeks as they are Philadelphia and Chicago ... Ouch!
24. Washington Redskins - I hope RG3 takes a good hard look at that film and realizes he has to do a better job protecting himself. Too many big hits will take there toll.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Fresh off a bye ... I'm looking for dramatic improvement on both sides of the ball.
26. Buffalo Bills - Huge disappointment! I expected better from everybody!
27. Carolina Panthers - Cam in middle of a sophomore slump.
28. Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs fans are hoping Brady Quinn is the answer. I'm not so sure.
29. Tennessee Titans - Chris Johnson should stop talking and start producing.
30. Oakland Raiders - A lack of depth and talent not making things any easier for first year head coach Dennis Allen.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars - Won't win with Gabbert as I haven't seen any progress.
32. Cleveland Browns - Not sure where or when they get their first win.