Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. New England Patriots - Offense is lethal, with Tom Brady having an MVP caliber season.
2. San Francisco 49ers - Defense is dynamite, and Colin Kaepernick adds new dimension.
3. Denver Broncos - If Knowshon Moreno is consistent, that will be a huge lift for the offense.
4. New York Giants - Tough opponents still bring out their best. That's a good sign.
5. Chicago Bears - Without Jay Cutler, they are nothing special. With him, they could be.
6. Houston Texans - Their defense looks more vulnerable, but Matt Schaub is on a roll.
7. Baltimore Ravens - When you don't play well and win, that's the sign of a good team.
8. Atlanta Falcons - Better to have 10 wins and skeptics, than fewer wins and more praise.
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Playing best football right now, which could lead to playoff berth.
10. New Orleans Saints - Loss to 49ers hurt. Could be the best team that misses the playoffs.
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Their effort is consistent, and their wild card hopes remain alive.
12. Washington Redskins - RG3 vs. Giants should make for an electric Monday night.
13. Green Bay Packers - They have to protect Aaron Rodgers better to reach the Super Bowl.
14. Indianapolis Colts - With each victory, an improbable playoff season appears likely.
15. Seattle Seahawks - Their struggles on the road could cost them a wild card spot.
16. Dallas Cowboys - Capable of teasing you, but they are incapable of playing consistently.
17. San Diego Chargers - Losses that should have been wins - an old story for Norv Turner.
18. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh continues to make more controversy than big plays.
19. Carolina Panthers - Maybe Cam Newton's feel-good night vs. Eagles will spark him.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Seems like half the team is injured. They need Big Ben - badly.
21. Cleveland Browns - This team is playing hard for Pat Shurmur. That could save him.
22. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill is tough and talented, which bodes well for future.
23. St. Louis Rams - Making strides under Jeff Fisher, and Steven Jackson is still solid back.
24. Minnesota Vikings - After a strong start, this team looks vulnerable to a late-season slide.
25. Buffalo Bills - Play-calling, defense, turnovers - something always seems to be amiss.
26. New York Jets - Thanksgiving exposed the Jets as pretenders not contenders.
27. Arizona Cardinals - Their quarterback situation is sad, and there may not be a quick fix.
28. Philadelphia Eagles - A team playing out the season - poorly. Defense is simply horrible.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Chad Henne makes their offense more effective and explosive.
30. Tennessee Titans - Firing Chris Palmer can't solve all this team's offensive problems.
31. Oakland Raiders - The Raiders are yielding 42.2 points per game since Week 9.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - The Chiefs have not reached 20 points in a game since September.